Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Mountain Biking - Otter Creek + Floodwood 10/9/11

Did a lap on my normal mountain bike route up around the Fish Creek Pond Campground. It's about 8 miles or so, and it takes me about an hour an a half when I stop to take pictures.  I took a lot of pictures on this trip:

The ride starts out on the road towards the campground, but you don't mind because of views like this:


I cruised into the campground and it was pretty empty.  Half of the sites were closed and only about half of the remaining sites were filled.  There is a nice gravel path that I rode on right next to the main road:


But eventually I had to cruise back to the road so that I could get to the Rollins Pond Campground.  Doesn't matter.  It was still beautiful:


Once you get into the Rollins Pond Campground, you just have to keep going all the way to the end.  It's really nice this time of year because the park is closed, the sites are empty, and the roads are covered with fallen leaves:




Make sure that the campsite numbers keep going up, and eventually you reach the end of the line and this sign:


Once you turn on to the Otter Hollow Loop, the singletrack is sweet:





Once you hit this bridge, you head over to the Floodwood Pond Trail (which we did earlier this year):



Neither trail is very technical. This is about as tough as it gets:


It was a fun trip, but it would be better if I had someone to ride it with.  If anyone wants to rip around, on mountain bikes or skis (soon), let me know because I have a lot of free time all of a sudden.


2 comments:

  1. Nice blog, great pictures, hope you enjoyed the ride even though you were solo...sometimes it's a good thing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i'm always up for doing some skiing! a few of us usually ski monday and/or wednesday nights after work at jiminy peak if you're interested!

    ReplyDelete