Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Sick . . .

I haven't been feeling too well lately (some type of flu), so I haven't been posting as much as I should.  It's just a general body shutdown . . . I probably deserve it because I haven't been doing anything lately but sitting on my ass, eating too much, and drinking beer.  Ugh. . .

There is a teeny tiny bit of good news. . .  Gore has posted a Facebook message that reads:

We WILL open Black Friday

 So, hopefully they can follow through.  Looking at the weather, though, it doesn't look so good.  I feel like "climate change" is mostly going to lop off the beginning and the end of the ski season (during my lifetime), and it might actually be worse out west than it is here (I feel like there will be less precipitation in the west, more in the east - though a lot of the precip in the east will come down as rain because of the warming).  But out west, they have a lot more of a cushion with regard to how much they can lose.  If we lose 20% of our snowfall, Gore will get 130 inches next year.  If Alta loses 20%, they still have 540 inches.  So I'm still thinking the future of skiing (and hopefully my life) is out west.

No comments:

Post a Comment