Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Maine Mountain Biking

We did a little mountain biking in Maine while we were up there relaxing (full pics on my Facebook Page). On Saturday, we just rode the Carriage paths around Acadia National Park More specifically, we did the "Around the Mountain" Loop. Here's some pictures:





On Sunday, we did the Camden Snow Bowl/Ragged Mountain Recreational Area.  We didn't have any idea where we were going, but there was one of those big trail maps at the bottom that gave us a few options. Here's the map:


We started off going up the Yellow Trail, then we wanted to keep climbing, so we hit the Red Trail.  After a little descent on the blue trail, we hooked back up with the yellow trail and rode that to the bottom.  It wasn't the longest mountain bike session in the world, but we spent the entire morning drinking beer on a sailboat, so we weren't really in the greatest condition for doing a ton of laps.  Anyway, here's the pictures:









It wasn't an epic trip, but here at the end of summer, the mountain bike stoke is kind of waning.  Soon, we'll start night riding (which will be fun), but on this vacation we weren't really in the mood to go super hardcore.  I can see this place becoming really cool, though.  If I was from the area, I'd do everything I could to support the Midcoast Maine chapter of the NEMBA.

As far as the pictures go, I'm experimenting with shooting in RAW mode, then adjusting all of the levels afterwords.  I think these pictures are a little oversaturated with color, but I kind of liked the effect.  I'm still trying to figure out the best levels for everything, so images on the blog might look weird for a while.

No comments:

Post a Comment