Thursday, March 14, 2013

Jay Peak Video

The community college skiing class that I teach is done for the year, so I finally have a little free time. I went to Jay Peak a couple of weeks ago after they reported 30" in 2 days. By the time I got there, it was pretty trashed, but it was still a fun day.  Here's some Instagrammin':



The tram had been closed for the previous week, so when we got onto Green Beret, it was pretty deep:


And here's some video (no video of the best parts - Green Beret and The Dip - I was having too much fun):


Jay from Matt Charles on Vimeo.

And here's the end of the day:


It was a damn good time.

More posts coming later - a couple of ADK backcountry trips - but right now, I have to go pack for Colorado.

4 comments:

  1. Love that pic on Green Beret. It has a Dick Durrance thing going on. I guess it helps that you can't see the skis lol. Have a great time in CO. You headed to the San Juans?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes. Silverton, Telluride, and Durango. Should be awesome.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the video. I can ski without driving to the mountain and being cold and I don't have to worry about the trees + great music!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great video, excellent skiing and the snowboarder impressed me!! The first pic could be a poster for Jay! Very cool!

    ReplyDelete