Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Blogging, St. Kitts, and Upcoming Events

I've been taking a break from the blog lately.  I have a good reason, though: I've been on vacation in the Caribbean - St. Kitts to be exact.  Sometimes, when you have a blog, you get behind in your stuff, you start to think that you need a really, really good post to come back with, and you end up letting your blog fade away.  And sometimes the opposite happens - you come back with a really, really wordy post that bores everyone and drives the few remaining people who follow your blog away.

So I'm not going to do that.  Here are some pictures from St. Kitts:














It was definitely a good trip.  Played some golf, did some snorkeling, rode a mountain bike with the Triathlon Champion of St. Kitts - Nevis, and got some quality beach-laying in. Plus there was this:

Sugarloaf Sticker in a beach bar in St. Kitts?  Nobody can stop Eastern Skiing!

Now, I'm back at work (and back on the road - at a hotel in Ellicottville, NY for 3 days).

I'm a little bummed because I wanted to get some bike time in.  The first few weeks of June, I have a two week stretch that includes the 100 mile Tour de Cure and the 40 mile Black Fly Challenge.  I haven't been the model for athletic training lately.  It's not technically my fault, the food in St. Kitts was really good and the beach-laying was so relaxing.  Then today, I had to hit up the Ellicottville Brewing Company, one of my favorite ski town bars in the east.  Great food and beer, but I had no energy to hit up the exercise bike in the hotel - Gotta get that energy up if I'm going to be ready for 100 miles on June 5th.  Time to get to work.

2 comments:

  1. Great pictures, and I wasn't bored a bit!! Good luck on the training and the rides...all for a good cause!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a really good read for me. Must admit that you are one of the best bloggers I ever saw. Thanks for posting this useful blog.
    st kitts citizenship< is an attractive place to land. citizenship program also accepts a number of excellent real estate development programs. In addition, Saint Kitts and Nevis passport is considered to be very few passports have been issued here. Therefore, unlike passports, Dominica, Grenada and Belize, pass an excellent reputation abroad, and can enjoy wide visa-free travel.

    ReplyDelete